Krishi Udan Scheme 2.0 Benefits
In News: In December 2021 KISHAN \UDAN 2.0 was launched.
Aims of Krishi Udan Scheme 2.0
- Transportation and associated logistics for all Agri-produce originating especially from the Northeast, hilly and tribal regions of the country.
- To increase the share of air in the modal mix for transportation of Agri-produce, which includes horticulture, fishery, livestock & processed products.
- To achieve better convergence on various components catering to the development of sustainable and resilient Agri-produce value chains across various schemes of the Central and State Governments and their associated agencies as well as the resources committed by the private sector to improve supply chain competitiveness.
Pillars/ components Krishi Udan Scheme 2.0
- Improving infrastructure and performance in the processing of air cargo by all stakeholders, including Agri-produce, horticulture, fisheries, and livestock products at airports and off-airport facilities, by regulatory participating governmental agencies (PGAs).
- Imparting special focus on air freight of organic and natural produce of NER, Tribal, and Hilly Districts.
- Achieving better and timely mapping of Agri-produce production/ supply centers. • Promoting the adoption of plant and animal quarantine and other regulatory requirements (at the airport) in the export supply chains end-to-end.
- Enabling paperless and contactless interface with all stakeholders through digitization and digitalization via integration with existing e-platforms and their creation as required