Ayushman Mitra scheme
What is the Ayushman Mitra scheme
The Ayushman Mitra scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Health and Family
• These Ayushman Mitra would be volunteers who would assist eligible people in their
communities and areas to get Ayushman Cards. These cards would bring people under the
ambit of the AB-PMJAY scheme.
• Volunteers can register themselves at https://pmjay.gov.in/ayushman-mitra to create
Ayushman Mitra ID which can then be shared with eligible people.
• In addition to the Ayushman Mitra, the Ministry also launched two other initiatives – Adhikar
Patra and Abhinandan Patra.
• Beneficiaries will be given the Adhikar Patra (the letter of rights) to make them aware
about their rights so that they can claim free and cashless health care services.
• Abhinandan Patra (a thankyou note) will be given to the beneficiaries at the time of their
• All the above-mentioned initiatives were launched at the event of Arogya Dhara 2.0, which
was organized to mark the feat of 2-crore hospital admission under the scheme.
• The Arogya Dhara 2.0 was organized to increase the reach of AB PM JAY programme to
the poorest of the poor households in the country and to make the beneficiaries aware
about the scheme.
Progress Made under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
• The scheme was launched in 2018 to provide free treatment of up to Rs 5 lakh to
beneficiaries in the empanelled hospitals.
• The scheme has crossed the 2-crore mark in hospital admissions, so far.
• Treatment worth Rs 25,000 crore has been provided under the scheme.
• At present, there are 23,000 hospitals empanelled under the health insurance scheme
across 33 States/UTs.
• The government has identified 53 crore potential beneficiaries to be covered by the
scheme. So far, the government has provided Ayushman cards to 12 crore people.